MCX-SX to launch trading in F&O on SX40
MCX Stock Exchange will introduce trading in derivative contracts on its flagship index —SX40 from 15th May 2013.
SX40 is a free float based index of 40 large-cap liquid stocks representing diversified sectors of the economy
It will take Indian markets closer to global investors and introduce global best practices in the domestic market as it is an adoption of Industry Classification Benchmark (ICB), the global company classification standard of the FTSE Group.
- Date of launch : 15th May 2013
- Trade timings: 09:15 – 15:30 hrs.
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Products : Future & Options
- Trading cycle: Minimum of three contracts having maturity of 1-month, 2-month and 3-month.
- Fund houses
- Global Investors i.e. FII, international hedge funds etc.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017