MNRE issue bidding guidelines for setting up 1000 MW Wind Power Projects
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued Guidelines for transparent bidding process for setting up of 1000 MW Wind Power Project connected to inter-state transmission system (ISTS).
The guidelines have been issued for implementation of Scheme launched in June 2016 for providing power purchase agreements for electricity generated from 1,000-MW wind power projects.
As per Guidelines
- Wind Power Projects will be selected through transparent and open competitive bidding followed by e-reverse auction for setting up of 1000 MW Wind Power Projects.
- The capacity these Wind Power Projects may go higher than 1000 MW, if there is demand from Buying Entities.
- Under this Scheme, Discoms of non-windy State/UTs and also the bulk consumers of any State/UTs who intend to buy 10 MW or more can buy wind power.
- The PTC India Ltd, trading company will sign Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with wind projects at bidded tariff and back-to-back Power Sale Agreement (PSA) with Buying Entities at a pooled price of the total bids selected.
- The term of PSA and PPA will be 25 years. Bidder can bid for a minimum capacity of 50 MW and maximum up to 250 MW.
- The selected bidder is required to injected wind power at ISTS interconnection point and will be also allowed to install 5% of additional rated capacity that will compensate auxiliary consumption and system losses up to interconnection point.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) had launched a Scheme for setting up of 1000 MW ISTS connected Wind Power Project in June 2016.
- The objective of the Scheme is to encourage competitiveness through scaling up of project sizes and introduction of efficient and transparent e-bidding and e-auctioning processes.
- It seeks to facilitate fulfilment of Non-Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) requirement of non-windy states.
- Provisions also have been made in the Tariff Policy to waive the inter-state transmission charges and losses in order to facilitate transmission of wind power from these windy states to non-windy states.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017