Modi’s Japan tour a big hit
PM Narendra Modi known for his exceptional style and elegance has won the Japanese hearts by his special gestures and words. Overwhelmed by the great hospitality and respect offered by his Japanese counterpart, Mr. Modi expressed his gratitude for such warm welcome and respect. After a weekend of touring historic places, temples and monuments in Japan, the PM declared Monday talks as highly fruitful and useful. India and Japan inked many key pacts which will put India on a new footing and help it enhance its technology and infrastructure at par with the first world nations. The key points to the strategic meeting held are:
• Japan will invest Rs. 2.1 lakh crores in India over a span of 5 years
• The investment will be spread across infrastructure, clean energy and skill development initiatives.
• Number of Japanese companies operating in India will be doubled in 5years.
• Japan-India Promotion Partnership was announced
• Japanese PM also agreed to provide all kinds of technical, financial and operational support for the introduction of bullet trains or Shinkansen along Mumbai-Ahmedabad route.
• Both countries also agreed to synergize their efforts for the procurement of LPG and upstream development of oil and gas.
• PM Modi assured the Japanese investors to speeden the clearance requirements for setting business in India. He assured of starting a special track via PMO for the same.
• Tokyo also cleared six Indian Space and Defence-related entities from its foreign end-user list.
• Tokyo also expressed its position in favor of India’s full-membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group.
• There were other significant discussions which will take the partnership and Indo-Japan relations on a new and higher ground. These are:
1. Agreement to produce rare earth materials
2. Sale of US-2 Amphibian Aircraft proposed
3. Accelerating steps to clinch early civil nuclear deal etc.