Current Affairs – April, 2016
Latest Current Affairs April, 2016 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of April, 2016 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
Former bureaucrat and parliamentarian Nand Kishore Singh has been selected for prestigious ‘Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver’, Japan’s highest civilian award.
He was chosen for this prestigious award for promoting economic, educational and cultural ties between India and Japan.
He is among 91 foreign recipients to be honoured during the 2016 Spring Imperial Decoration of Japan by Emperor Akihito during the investiture ceremony in May 2016.
About Nand Kishore Singh
- N K Singh is a politician, economist and former Indian Administrative Service officer (IAS) from Bihar cadre.
- He had served as a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha (2008-2014) from Bihar.
- As a bureaucrat, he had served as Member Planning Commission and handled assignments of Union Expenditure and Revenue Secretary and Additional Secretary Economic Affairs.
- He was also Principal Secretary to Prime Minister A.B. Vajpayee. He was also connected with International organisations like World Bank, IMF and UNDP.
- He also had served as the former Chairman, Board of Governors of Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon.
About Order of the Rising Sun
It is a Japanese Government highest civilian established in 1875 by Emperor Meiji. It is conferred in recognition of distinguished accomplishments of an individual. The modern version of the order is being given to non-Japanese recipients from 1981.
Month:Current Affairs – April, 2016 Categories: Persons in News
Tags: awards • Japan • NK Singh • Persons in News
IT major Mindtree co-founder Subroto Bagchi has been appointed as head of the Odisha Skill Development Authority.
He would report directly to the Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and has been given the rank of cabinet minister with a token monthly salary of Re 1.
Bagchi was born in Patnagarh block of backward Bolangir district of Odisha.
About Odisha Skill Development Authority
- Aims to unify the initiatives on the ground and create momentum for unemployed youth to receive skill-based training to make them employable in the state.
- Functions: It will be overseeing skill development programmes in the state. It will also guide state government to implement and oversee all skill development programmes in the state.
Earlier in January 2016, Odisha Government had roped Sam Pitroda as its technology adviser for development of telecom, electronics, IT, ITES sectors.
Month:Current Affairs – April, 2016 Categories: Persons in News • States
Tags: appointments • Persons in News • Skill development • States • Subroto Bagchi