Current Affairs – August, 2016
Latest Current Affairs August, 2016 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of August, 2016 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
The first Children Court of South India was launched at the Nampally Criminal Courts Complex in Hyderabad, Telangana to fast disposal of cases related to children.
With this, Telangana has become the third state to have a child friendly court after Goa and Delhi. This court is the 6th child-friendly court in the country.
- The Nampally children court project was facilitated by NGO Justice and Care in collaboration with the state government and the judiciary.
- It has features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for accused, mandated under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act, 2012.
- It has waiting area, which provides a child-friendly environment, complete with toys, bean bags and colourful furniture.
Month: Current Affairs – August, 2016 Categories: Places in News • States
Tags: Judiciary • Places in News • States • Telangana
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for introduction of the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 to banning commercial surrogacy in country.
The Bill will ensure effective regulation of surrogacy, prohibit commercial surrogacy and allow ethical surrogacy to the needy infertile couples.
Salient Features of Bill
- Regulate practices in ethical surrogacy in the country and prohibits commercial surrogacy including sale and purchase of human embryo and gametes.
- Calls for establishment National Surrogacy Board (NSB) at the central level and State Surrogacy Boards (SSB) and Appropriate Authorities in States/Union Territories.
- Allows ethical surrogacy for all infertile Indian married couple in the country.
- Protects rights of surrogate mother and children born out of surrogacy.
- The law will apply to whole of India, except the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- All Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) clinics will be registered.
- Regulates the surrogacy services in the country.
- Ban unethical commercial surrogacy and also sale and purchase of human embryo and gametes.
- Allows ethical surrogacy (i.e. altruistic surrogacy) to needy infertile couples on fulfilment of certain conditions.
- Control unethical practices in surrogacy, prevent commercialization of surrogacy.
- Prohibit potential exploitation of surrogate mothers and children born through surrogacy.
- It bars foreigners, homosexual couples, people in live in relationships and single individuals to have babies through surrogacy.
- India has emerged as a surrogacy hub for couples from different countries. However there have been reported incidents concerning unethical practices of surrogacy across country.
- Incidents such as exploitation of surrogate mothers, abandonment of children born out of surrogacy and rackets of intermediaries importing human gametes and embryos were also reported.
- The 228th report of the Law Commission of India (LCI) also had recommended for banning commercial surrogacy by enacting a suitable legislation. However, it had allowed ethical altruistic surrogacy to the needy Indian citizens.
Month: Current Affairs – August, 2016 Categories: Constitution & Law
Tags: Bills and Acts • Cabinet Decisions • National • Public Health • Science and Technology • Surrogacy