Current Affairs – February, 2015
Latest Current Affairs February, 2015 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of February, 2015 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
Haryana government has decided to increase the cash reward under the inter-caste marriage scheme from 50,000 to 1 lakh rupees.
This decision was taken by state level Vigilance and Monitoring Committee meeting held under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar at Chandigarh.
The increased cash reward for inter-caste marriage will be provided through bank accounts opened under the Pradhanmantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY).
About Inter-caste marriage scheme
- The scheme was constituted under Rule 16 of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989.
- It aims to remove caste discrimination from society by providing support to inter caste marriage scheme.
Month:Current Affairs – February, 2015 Categories: Government Schemes & Projects • States
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Government Schemes • Haryana
First Assamese dictionary for Science and Technology terms was released recently. It was released by Dr Alok Kumar Buragohain, Vice Chancellor of Dibrugarh University.
- This dictionary is prepared by Asomiya Jatiya Abhidhan (AJA) and consists of over 40,000 words compiled in total 160-pages.
- First of kind Science and Technology dictionary in Assamese language is considered as a milestone in development of this language.
- It also seeks to make scientific terminology simple and easily understandable by the people and particularly by students.
- This scientific terminology dictionary covers almost all streams of science, including Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Geography, Computer Science, Zoology, Mathematics, Geology, Statistics and Astronomy among others.
Month:Current Affairs – February, 2015 Categories: States
Tags: Assam • Current Affairs 2016 • Languages • Science & technology