Current Affairs – January, 2015
Latest Current Affairs January, 2015 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of January, 2015 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cut down repo rate by 25 basis points to 7.75 percent from 8 percent, with immediate effect.
It was announced ahead of the scheduled date of monetary policy announcement on 3rd February 2015 as part of RBI’s 6th bi-monthly monetary policy statement.
RBI’s 6th bi-monthly monetary policy statement says that
- Repo rate: RBI has reduced the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points from 8.0 per cent to 7.75 per cent.
- Cash reserve ratio (CRR): RBI has unchanged CRR and kept it at 4.0 per cent of net demand and time liabilities (NDTL).
- Reverse repo rate: RBI has adjusted reverse repo rate under the LAF to 6.75 per cent.
- While, RBI has adjusted Marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 8.75 per cent with immediate effect.
Month:Current Affairs – January, 2015 Categories: Business, Economy & Banking
Tags: 6th bi-monthly monetary policy statement • Cash reserve ratio (CRR) • Current Affairs 2016 • Repo Rate • Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Indian cricket team has unveiled new eco-friendly ODI jersey ahead of the triangular series starting in Australia on 16 January 2015. It was unveiled in Melbourne.
Key facts of Team India’s eco-friendly ODI jersey
- It is made out of 100% recycled polyester obtained from 33 recycled plastic bottles.
- The new light weight kit combines high performance innovation with sustainability.
- The jersey is light, comfortable and packed with innovation.
- This eco-friendly jersey kit is made by BCCI’s official apparel sponsor Nike.
Month:Current Affairs – January, 2015 Categories: Sports & Games
Tags: BCCI • Current Affairs 2016 • eco-friendly jersey kit