Current Affairs – January, 2016
Latest Current Affairs January, 2016 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of January, 2016 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
Former Army Chief General Kotikalapudi Venkata Krishna Rao, passed away in New Delhi following a cardiac arrest at the military hospital. He was 92.
He was the 14th Chief of the Army Staff of Indian Army and had played a key role in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War.
About K V Krishna Rao
- He was commissioned into then British India Army (now Indian Army) on August 9, 1942 and had an illustrious career spanning over four decades in the force.
- As a young officer, he had served in Burma (Myanmar), North West Frontier and Baluchistan (now in Pakistan) during the World War II.
- He also had participated in the 1947-48 war against Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir. He was a founder Instructor of the Pune based National Defence Academy (NDA) during 1949-51.
- He also served as the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (1989-1990 and 1993-1998), Nagaland (1984 to 1989), Manipur (1984 to 1989) and Tripura (May to July 1989).
- He was awarded the Param Vishist Seva Medal for displaying outstanding leadership, determination, courage and drive during Jammu and Kashmir war.
Month:Current Affairs – January, 2016 Categories: Persons in News 2018
Tags: Indian Army • K V Krishna Rao • Obituary • Persons in News