The Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched new passenger mobile application named ‘IRCTC Rail Connect app’ to promote ease of ticketing through digital transactions.
The new mobile-based application will replace the old existing IRCTC connect app. It has been developed for reserved booking and to increase the ease to users.
- The application has developed to bring the power of next generation e-ticketing system like high performance and enhanced security.
- It has features like 24/7 service with no time-based checks, synchronisation of mobile app with NGET (Next Generation e-Ticketing) for ticket booking.
- It also has simple and easy user interface and supports general, ladies, Tatkal and Premium-Tatkal quota.
- The sports other features like advanced security of self-assigned PIN (Personal identification number) to login without entering the username and password on each login.
- It will be integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions. It will also be inter-connected with IRCTC AIR, Food on Track mobile apps to facilitate booking of air tickets and food through e-catering.
- It will provide payment gateway to over 40 banks to facilitate payments through net Banking, credit or debit cards and wallets like Paytm, PayU, Mobikwik.