Current Affairs – June, 2015
Latest Current Affairs June, 2015 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of June, 2015 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
Kerala government has appointed Tennis Icon Steffanie Graf as Ayurveda brand ambassador.
Decision in this regard was taken by cabinet meeting presided by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Thiruvananthapuram.
As an Ayurveda brand ambassador she will promote Ayurveda tourism of state in North America and Europe with theme Visit Kerala Destination.
About Steffanie Graf
- Steffanie Maria Graf from Germany is former number 1 ATP women tennis player. She holds World number 1 title for the longest period (record 377 total weeks) till date.
- She had won 22 Grand Slam single titles and also holds record for the most number of major wins by a tennis player (after introduction of the Open Era in 1968).
- Graf is the first and only tennis player (male or female) to achieve the Calendar Year Golden Slame. winning all four Grand Slam singles titles and the Olympic gold medal in the same calendar year.
- She is the only tennis player (male or female) to win 3 grand slams in a calendar year 5 times (1988, 1989, 1993, 1995 and 1996).
- Graf had retired from professional tennis in 1999. She is married to Andre Agassi, former World number 1 in men’s tennis player.
Month:Current Affairs – June, 2015 Categories: Persons in News • Sports & Games • States
Tags: Ayurveda • Current Affairs 2016 • Kerala • Sports • Tennis • Tourism
The Monsoon Session of Parliament will begin from 21 July 2015.
The decision to convene Parliament was taken at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs. The committee also has recommended President Pranab Mukherjee to convene the three-week Session from 21st of July.
Session of parliament
- Session of parliament is the period during which the House meets to conduct its business.
- Article 85 of the Constitution empowers President to summon each House of the Parliament as he thinks fit.
- However he can summon the houses at intervals not be more than six month’s gap between the two sessions. Thus, it is mandatory to Parliament meet at least twice a year as per constitution.
By convention Indian Parliament conducts three sessions each year. They are
- Budget session: February to May.
- Monsoon session: July to September.
- Winter session: November to December.
It should be noted that Article 85 also empowers President to prorogue the either house of Parliament and dissolve the Lok Sabha (Lower House of Parliament).
Month:Current Affairs – June, 2015 Categories: Events & Observances
Tags: Article 85 • Lok Sabha • Parliament • President • Rajya Sabha