Current Affairs – March, 2015
Latest Current Affairs March, 2015 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of March, 2015 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
Parliament has passed Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Bill, 2015. It was first passed in Lok Sabha on 4 March 2015 and later in Rajya Sabha on 20 March 2015.
This bill will replace the Coal Mines (Special Provisions) second ordinance, 2014.
Key highlights of Bill
- The bill has provisions for allocation of coal mines through a transparent bidding process i.e e-auction.
- The e-auction of coal blocks will ensure the continuity in coal mining operations and promoting optimum utilization of coal resources.
- The bill also facilitate e-auction of coal blocks for private companies for captive use and allot mines directly to state and central Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- It has provisions that propose strong measures for rehabilitation and compensation for displaced persons.
- The bill also provides for vesting of the right, title and interest over the land and mine infrastructure together with mining leases to successful bidders.
Month: Current Affairs – March, 2015 Categories: Business, Economy & Banking
Tags: Bills and Amendments • Coal • e-auction • Lok Sabha • Public sector undertakings • Rajya Sabha
Former Lok Sabha Meira Kumar’s book entitled “Indian Parliamentary Diplomacy – Speaker’s Perspective” was released on 19 March 2015.
The book was released by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and its first copy was presented to the President Pranab Mukherjee at a function held in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
The book features an account of the parliamentary diplomacy and its role in furthering foreign policy and strengthening international relations.
It is also a collection of select speeches and reports by Kumar during her stint as Lok Sabha speaker and as leader of Indian parliamentary delegations at several international fora.
About Meira Kumar
- She was the first unopposed elected woman Speaker of Lok Sabha and served from 2009 to 2014.
- Kumar was also 5 time Member of Parliament and was elected to 8th, 11th, 12th, 14th and 15th Lok Sabha.
- She also had served as a Cabinet Minister in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of Manmohan Singh led UPA Government (2004–2009).
- Prior to joining politics she was a lawyer and a former diplomat.
Month: Current Affairs – March, 2015 Categories: Persons in News
Tags: Books • Parliament