Current Affairs – November, 2014
Latest Current Affairs November, 2014 with Current Affairs, news summary on current events of National and International importance of November, 2014 for Banking, SSC, CLAT, UPSC, State PCS, IBPS, Railways and other Competitive Examinations.
PDF Compilation of these updates can be downloaded from This Link
Renowned Crime novelist Phyllis Dorothy James has passed away in Oxford, UK. She was 94. She was referred as queen of crime fiction and well-known for her series of detective novels starring the policeman and poet Adam Dalgliesh.
About Phyllis Dorothy James
- Phyllis Dorothy James usually known as PD James was born in Oxford, UK was acclaimed British writer.
- She began her writing career in the 1950s.
- Her first novel ‘Cover Her face’ was published in 1962 which featured the investigator and poet Adam Dalgliesh named after a teacher at Cambridge High School.
- She had held a job in the forensic science department and then the criminal law department until 1979.
- She had gained international recognition in 1980 after the publication of her eighth book, Innocent Blood.
- Many of her detective novels were adapted by television in the UK in 1980s.
- She was awarded the Crime Writers’ Association’s Diamond Dagger award in 1987 for lifetime achievement, and had also received the Medal of Honour for Literature in 2005 by National Arts Club.
- She has over 20 novels to her credit.
- She was British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) governor from 1988 to 1993.
Month:Current Affairs – November, 2014 Categories: Persons in News
Reserve Bank of India issued the final guidelines for the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS). It is an integrated bill payment system offering inter-operable and accessible bill payment service to customers through a network of agents, enabling multiple payment modes, and providing instant confirmation of payment.
- It will help consumers pay multiple bills like electricity, telephone and school fees at a single point of transaction.
- The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has been appointed as the nodal body which will set the standards, and also take care of clearing and settlement as the Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit (BBPCU).
- In the two tiered BBPS set-up, there will be authorised operational units called Bharat Bill Payment Operating Units (BBPOUs) with an agent network under the BBPCU.
- RBI has set a Rs 100-crore networth and domestic registration as qualifying conditions for those seeking to be authorised collection agents.
- Participants in the BBPS will include authorised entities such as BPCU, BBPOUs as well as their authorised agents, payment gateways, banks, billers and service providers, and other entities, including authorised prepaid payment instrument issuers.
Thus, BBPS will help track all the payments being made in economy, including cash payments to utilities, schools, and telcos among others.
Month:Current Affairs – November, 2014 Categories: Business, Economy & Banking
Tags: Economy • Finance • RBI