Mr. Khushwant Singh: Noted writer & journalist passed away
Prolific author and journalist Mr. Khushwant Singh (99) passed away due to cardiac arrest in New Delhi. He was best known for his trenchant secularism, his humour, and an abiding love for poetry.
About Mr. Khushwant Singh
- Born: February 2, 1915 in Hadali, British India (current Sargodha District, Pakistan)
- Founder editor of Yojana from 1951-1953.
- Member of the Rajya Sabha (1980 to 1986).
- Award(s): Rockfeller Grant, Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, Sahitya academy fellowship award, etc.
- Books: Train to Pakistan, I Shall Not Hear the Nightingale, Delhi, A History of the Sikhs, etc.
- Also wrote autobiography, “Truth, Love and a Little Malice” that was published by Penguin Books in 2002.
- Editor of several literary and news magazines, viz. The Illustrated Weekly of India, The Hindustan Times and The National Herald, etc.
Categories: Persons in News