Mumbai’s Raj Bhavan got ISO certification
The ISO 9001: 2008 awarded to Raj Bhavan in Mumbai, Maharashtra in recognition of the standard management practices adopted and implemented by the Governor’s Secretariat and its staff. The certificate recognises that Raj Bhavan has established general and office related improvement check-lists and has also laid down standard operating procedures for all departments.
- Raj Bhavan has set an example for other organizations in terms of efficiency, standards and quality of services.
About ISO 9001: 2008 (Quality management system)
- International standard related to quality management system, applicable to any organization from all types of business sectors and activities.
- Provides guidance and tools for companies and organizations who want to ensure that their products and services consistently meet customer’s requirements, and that quality is consistently improved.
- Objective: To seek continuous performance improvement for all organizations.
- To meet the requirements for the ISO 9001:2008 certification, an organization should demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products that meet applicable regulatory requirements and continue to meet changing expectations of customers.
Benefits of ISO 9001:2008
- Involves Top management in the improvement of the Quality management System.
- Facilitates the organization to become a customer-focused organization.
- Ensures sustained customer satisfaction by producing, delivering services and providing support functions that meet customer’s needs and expectations.
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization through continual improvement in systems and products /services quality.