Music Legend David Bowie passes away
Music Legend David Bowie passed away on 10 January 2016 in New York, United States following a battle with liver cancer. He was 69.
He was one of the most influential musicians of 1970s and was famously known for his creative musicianship to break pop and rock boundaries.
About David Bowie
- David Bowie was born as David Robert Jones on 8 January 1947 in London, England.
- His career spanned around 51 years and since his first album release in 1967, around 140 million albums were sold.
- He became international fame in 1972 after the release of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars.
- He has 111 singles and 51 music videos to this credit in his 5 decades career.
- He had released his latest album Blackstar on 8 January 2016. His last live music performance was in 2006 at a New York charity concert.
- His hits include Heroes, Let’s Dance, Space Oddity, Rebel, Rebel, Under Pressure, Life on Mars and Suffragette City.
- He has won two Grammy Awards and three Brit Awards. In 1999, he was made a Commander of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French government.
Categories: Persons in News