National conference on Self Reliance in Defence Manufacturing
National Conference on Self Reliance in Defence Manufacturing is organised at Hyderabad. The National Conference is being held by Forum for Integrated National Security in association with Indigenous Defence Entrepreneurs Association.
Self Reliance in Defence Manufacturing
Self-Reliance in defence manufacturing in India is a matter of great importance to achieve multidimensional credible deterrence and to safeguard national interests in fast-changing international relations with respect to geopolitical as well as geo-economic influence on our nation’s rightful place in the world order.
Under Make in India initiative various initiatives taken towards achieving self-reliance in defence manufacturing, which include:
- Preference for procurement from Indian vendors under the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP).
- Simplification of Make procedure.
- Introduction of a simplified procedure for Make II sub-category.
- Liberalization of the licensing regime.
- Changes in FDI policy by raising the cap on FDI in the defence sector,
- Simplification of the export procedure.
- Streamlining of defence offset guidelines etc.
- Strategic Partnership Model which envisages the establishment of long-term strategic partnerships with Indian entities through a transparent and competitive process, wherein they would tie up with global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to seek technology transfers to set up domestic manufacturing infrastructure and supply chains.
This is the second edition of the conference. The first National Conference on Self Reliance in Defence Manufacturing was held in 2015 at Hyderabad.