National Good Governance Day observed on Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s 90th birthday
Former Prime Minister and Bharat Ratna recipient Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s 90th birthday was observed as National Good Governance Day on 25th December 2014.
In order to mark the occasion of this day, several programmes were organized nationwide and new initiatives were announced.
Events and new initiatives
- Ministry of Petroleum expanded the 5 kg LPG cylinder scheme in Delhi.
- Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju inaugurated e-office in his office and e-clearance.
- Ministry of Communication and IT made its Good Governance initiatives public and launched a number of new projects.
- Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) launched an SMS service to forecast weather related information. It will provide real time cyclone alerts and warnings to general public.
- Tourism and Culture Ministry launched e-ticketing facility at National monuments like Taj Mahal and Humayun Tomb.
It should be noted that this day is also being observed as Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana( PMGSY) Divas.
Earlier in December 2014, Union Government had announced that National ‘Good Governance Day’ will be observed on the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee i.e. 25th December each year.
It was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting held New Delhi.
Categories: Persons in News