NGT directs Real Estate Sector to check air pollution due to dust emanating from construction sites
National Green Tribunal (NGT) has directed Real Estate Sector in the Delhi and National Capital Region (NCR) to check air pollution caused by dust emanating from construction sites.
The ruling was given by NGT bench headed by Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar on 10 April 2015.
NGT in its ruling
- Ordered to stop to all construction activity in the NCR immediately which do not follow rules stipulated in the 2010 guidelines of Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF).
- Directed developers to provide masks to every workers working on the construction site or engaged in loading and unloading of building materials.
- Directed every owner and builder to put tarpaulin sheets around area of construction so the material does not disperse through air.
- Trucks or vehicles carrying construction material and debris must be fully covered
- Banned builder and owner from throwing construction material particularly sand on the roads or inside colonies.
- Any developer if found violating these orders, shall be liable to pay a fine of 50 thousand rupees.
In this regard, NGT has directed all concerned authorities to take appropriate measures in order to ensure follow and implement all these directions.
Categories: Places in News