Noted criminologist K Chockalingam wins 2015 Paul H Appleby Award
Noted criminologist K Chockalingam has been conferred with the prestigious 2015 Paul H Appleby Award.
The award was conferred on him by Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) for his distinguished services to public administration and to the institute.
About K Chockalingam
- He has served as professor and researcher in criminology in University of Madras. He was also Vice President of World Society of Victimology.
- He was Chair Professor of criminal law from 2012 to 2014 at the National Law University (NLU) in Delhi.
- He founder and president of Indian Society of Victimology (ISV). Since 2003, he is also an International Advisor of Tokiwa International Victimology Institute, Japan.
- He has authored 4 books and more than 75 research papers.
- Awards: He has won many awards including Senior Social Scientist Award of Indian Society of Criminology (1994), Distinguished International Scholar Award of American Society of Criminology (1996).
About Paul H Appleby Award
The award has been instituted by IIPA as a tribute to Paul Appleby, a noted author in recognition of his works in the field of public administration. Appleby also had helped in developing the IIPA’s vision in the early years of its founding.