Noted Odia actor and director Gobind Tej passes away
Noted Odia actor and director Gobind Tej passed away while undergoing treatment at a hospital in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He was 88.
In his career spanning over 50 years, he has contributed in many Odia feature films either as an actor, director or producer.
About Gobind Tej
- Gobind Tej had started his acting career with the movie ‘Kedar Gouri’ in 1954. He had started his career as a director in 1979 with film ‘Ramayana’.
- He has showcased his acting talent in films like ‘Krushna Sudama’, ‘Bandhan’, ‘Bandhu Mohanty’, ‘Dharitri’, ‘Gouri’, ‘Mana Akasha’ and ‘Schoolmaster’.
- Awards and Honours: He received the Odisha State Film Award for Best Director for movies like ‘School Master’, ‘Kaberi’, ‘Tunda Baida’ and ‘Gare Sindura Dhare Luha.’
- He also has received the Odisha State Film Award In 1977 for Best Actor for his remarkable acting in the movie ‘Bandhu Mohanty’.
- He was also conferred the ‘Jaydev Award’, the highest cine award in the Odisha, in 1986 for his lifelong contribution to the growth and development of Odia cinema.
Categories: Persons in News