Novelist Siddhartha Gigoo wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize in Asia region
Novelist Siddhartha Gigoo has won 2500 pounds 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize in Asia region for his novel Umbrella Man.
With this win he will compete with the other four regional winners for the 5000 pounds grand prize which will be announced in London on 8 September 2015.
Other region winners are
- African Region: Lesley Nneka Arimah (Nigeria) for Light.
- Canada and Europe Region: Jonathan Tel (UK) for The Human Phonograph.
- Caribbean Region: Kevin Jared Hosein (Trinidad) for The King of Settlement 4.
- Pacific Region: Mary Rokonadravu (Fiji) for Famished Eels.
About Siddhartha Gigoo
- Born in 1974 in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.
- He had studied English Literature at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Gigoo’s first novel was The Garden of Solitude, first published in 2011.
- He also has written two poetry books, Fall and Other Poems (1994) and Reflections (1995).
- Gigoo also had produced and directed a short film The Last Day. His recent film is titled Goodbye, Mayfly.