NTPC signed two MoUs for Skill Development
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) has signed two Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with National Skill Development Fund (NSDF) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) for skill development training in eastern states and Bihar.
The first MoU: As per the MoU NTPC will provide skill training to 5000 youth and women across 22 locations with special focus on the eastern states.
- The MoU is for two years with a project cost of Rs 6.5 Crore.
The second MoU: As per the MoU NTPC will train over 25000 candidates in services and manufacturing sectors across under-served locations in Bihar.
- The MoU is for five years with a project cost of Rs 30 crore.
Both the projects will be funded by NTPC and executed by NSDC through its Training Partners.
About The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- The National Skill Development Corporation India (NSDC) is a Public Private Partnership Company with the primary mandate of promotion of the skills landscape in India.
- It aims to proactively catalyse creation of large, quality vocational training institutions by providing grants and equity.
- It main objective is to upgrade skills to international standards through significant industry involvement and through appropriate Public-Private Partnership (PPP) models.
- It strives to develop necessary frameworks for standards, curriculum and quality assurance by bringing financing, particularly in sectors where market mechanisms are ineffective or missing.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking