Odisha Government launches Aahar scheme
Odisha Government on 1 April 2015 launched ‘Aahar’- cheap meal scheme for providing subsidised food to urban poor.
It was launched by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at the Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar on the occasion the foundation day of the state i.e. Utkala Dibasa.
Facts about Aahar- cheap meal scheme
- It aims at providing meal at Rs. five to the urban poor.
- In the first phase scheme was launched simultaneously in five cities of state including Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Cuttack, Berhampur and Sambalpur.
- The subsidised meals will be provided at four crowded places each in these five cities to people visiting urban areas for various work
Following companies have sponsored the scheme in particular city
- Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha Power Generation Corporation (OPGC) in Rourkela.
- Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) in Sambalpur.
- Tata Steel in Berhampur.
Categories: States Current Affairs - 2017