Odisha Government launches citizen portal
Odisha Government has launched citizen portal www.citizenportal-op.gov.in to facilitate citizens with various services.
This facility was launched by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneshwar.
- The citizen portal will provide services like character certificates, issuance of FIR copies, tenant’s verification, registration of missing permissions, employee’s verification and registration of lost property.
- It will also provide permission for taking out processions and rallies, permission for holding events and performances, permission for holding protests and strikes.
- Citizens also can track the status of their complaints registered by them on the citizen.
- Using this portal citizens directly lodge their FIR complaints with police without visiting any police station or higher police officers.
- Thus this quick delivery system will benefit the society particularly those living in remote areas at large and enhance the image of police.