Department of Food & Public Distribution launched the Electronic Transfer of Funds.
- To ensure quick and direct transfer of funds to the beneficiaries.
- This protected mode of making the payments on-line, would be time saving and eliminate physical cheques and their manual processing.
This in turn would help in bringing more efficiency in the financial working of the department. The Department of Food and Public Distribution has a key role in terms of the payment of subsidies mainly for Food and Sugar covering a significant amount of Budget outflow.
Implementation & features of the Electronic Fund Transfer System:
- The Department of Food & Public Distribution and RBI have implemented the electronic payment system of the computerized accounting in joint venture with the National Informatics Centre.
- The STQC Directorate of IT department has certified the electronic payment system as fully secured.
- This system will serve as the middleware between the COMPACT (the accounting application) for processing of bill and Core Banking Solutions (CBS) for the bank as well as the RBI.
Month:Current Affairs – July, 2013 Categories: National
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • IBPS • RBI • Socio-Economic
Under the Janani Suraksha Yojna (JSY) scheme, the government would provide free pre-natal health care and ambulance facilities to pregnant women across the country.
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- A safe motherhood intervention under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
- Objective: Decrease the neo-natal and maternal deaths happening in the country by promoting institutional delivery of babies.
- 100% centrally sponsored scheme
- Integrates cash assistance with delivery and post-delivery care.
Key Points under the scheme:
- The Pregnant women will be given free medical and ambulance facilities from conception to delivery and post natal care.
- Free treatment and transport facility would be provided during the entire pregnancy period. And the baby born would be given free treatment for 1 year.
- The women will also be able to avail free consultation from doctors at government hospitals for 45 days from delivery and infants will be given free treatment at the hospitals for one year.
- The adolescent children will be provided weekly supplements of Iron and Folic Acid to prevent anaemic diseases in the children.
Month:Current Affairs – July, 2013 Categories: Government Schemes • National
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • Diseases • Health • Socio-Economic