RGESS schemes to become more investor-friendly – Finance Minister P. Chidambram
Finance Minister P. Chidambaram has expressed the need revisit the Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) to make its provisions more retail investor-friendly. It was felt by the minister that the in current form the scheme is too complex for the small investor to understand and that complying would be difficult. He is expected to bring necessary changes to in the coming Budget.
More about RGESS:
India bagged 46 Medals in 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games in Pyeongchang (South Korea)
India clinched record 46 medals in the 2013 Pyeongchang Special Olympics World Winter Games. The games were organized at Pyeongchang and Gangneung in South Korea. India’s medal tally includes 13 gold, 17 silver and 16 bronze from mentally-challenged. The medal tally of India doubled from World Winter Games 2009.
About 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games held at South Korea:
Held at Pyeongchang and Gangneung in South Korea it was 11th event of its kind.
The mascots were Ra, In and Bow.
- The event witnessed participation of 2200 athletes from more than 120 countries.
- Athletes competed in 8 categories of sports- alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, figure skating, short track speed skating, floor hockey and floorball.
What is Special Olympics ?
They are the world’s largest sports organization for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, providing year-round training and competitions to more than 4 million athletes in 170 countries.
- Special Olympics World Games are held alternatively between summer and winter games. Special Olympics World Games are held every two years.
- 1968 – First International Special Olympics Summer Games held at Soldier Field in Chicago.
- 1971 – US Olympic Committee gave the Special Olympics official approval to use the name “Olympics”
- 2011 – Games held at Athens, Greece
- 2013 – Games held at Pyeongchang, South Korea
- 2015 – Games to be held at Los Angeles, California
- 2017 – Games to be held at Graz and Schladming, Austria