Spanish broadband and telecommunications provider Telefonica has launched the world’s first smartphone with the Firefox Operating System (OS) to compete with devices running Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS.
The ZTE Open smartphone are being offered in Spain for 69 euros (about $90) and will soon be available in several Latin American countries.
The ZTE Open smartphone is equipped with a 3.5-inch 480x320p touchscreen, a 3.2MP camera, 256MB RAM and 512MB flash memory enhanced with a 4GB microSD card that comes as part of the package. It is fully integrated with Facebook and the Spain-based social network Tuenti.
Month:Current Affairs – July, 2013 Categories: International • Science & Technology
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • IT • Telecommunication
In a recent survey conducted by Delhi-based Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) it was found that Ghaziabad and Allahabad are the two most air polluted cities in Uttar Pradesh. As per the survey:
- Pollutants of the size of 10 micron was found in Ghaziabad, Allahabad, Kanpur and Bareilly, which was four times the acceptable size of particulates in urban areas.
- Air pollution levels were thrice as high as the prescribed limits in Lucknow, Firozabad, Agra, Mathura, Khurja, Saharanpur, Moradabad and Gajraula.
- Unnao has come out as the cleanest air quality despite a heavy presence of tanneries in the town.
- Nitrogen-di-oxide pollutant is found to be increasing dangerously in Meerut, Gorakhpur, Ghaziabad and Kanpur. It is the highest in Meerut and lowest in Rae Bareilly.
- Khurja and Ghaziabad have dangerous levels of sulphur-di-oxide mixed in the air.
- The presence of multi-pollutants was found in cities like Mathura, Khurja and Ghaziabad.
- The leading cause of pollution was found to be the manifold increase in the number of vehicles.
- The growing use of diesel was a major contributor to the growing air pollution levels. The emissions were leading to serious ailments and diseases like cancer.
Month:Current Affairs – July, 2013 Categories: Environment • Places in News
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • Uttar Pradesh