The National Food Security Ordinance, 2013, which entitles 67% of the population to receive subsidized grains from the government every month, has been notified by the Union Government.
The Ordinance has been introduced to implement the Food Security Bill which envisages providing 5 kg of rice, wheat and coarse grains at Rs 3, Rs 2, Rs 1 per kg, respectively, every month to three-fourths of rural population and half the urban population in the country.
The scheme would require more than 61 million tonnes of foodgrain and is expected to cost the government about Rs 1,25,000 crore. The plan proposes to continue the Antyodaya Anna Yojna through which government provides poor households 35 kg foodgrain per household per month at subsidized prices of Rs 1-3 per kg. The ordinance puts the responsibility of implementation and monitoring of the scheme under the Targeted Public Distribution System on the States. It gives them 6 months to set up the systems to implement the scheme.
Month:Current Affairs – July, 2013 Categories: Governance & Politics
Tags: Bills and Amendments • Current Affairs 2013 • Socio-Economic
The winners of the 14th IIFA Awards 2013 (International Indian Film Academy) under various categories were declared at an event held at Macau. The award winners and their respective categories are as follows:
· Best Actress: Vidya Balan for Kahaani
· Best Actor: Ranbir Kapoor for Barfi.
· Best Film: Barfi and the film also bagged 9 awards in technical category- Best Cinematography (Ravi Varman I.S.C.), Best Background Score (Pritam), Best Screenplay (Anurag Basu and Tani Basu), Best Production Design (Rajat Poddar), Best Song Recording (Eric Pillai), Best Sound Design (Shajith Koyeri), Best Sound Mixing (Debajit Changmai), Best Costume Designing (Aki Narula and Shefalina) and Best Make-Up (Uday Serali).
· Best Action and Best Dialogue: Gangs of Wasseypur
Best Editing: Kahaani (Namrata Rao)
· Best Choreography: Ganesh Acharya for Agneepath.
· Best Special Effects : Ek Tha Tiger
Month:Current Affairs – July, 2013 Categories: Awards & Honours • International
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • Entertainment • IBPS