Professor Dr. Tej Vir Singh won the 2013 UNWTO Ulysses Prize for Excellence in the Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge in Madrid, Spain.
About Professor Dr. Tej Vir Singh
- Belong to Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Established the CTRD in 1976, a Non-Government Organization (NGO) devoted to the cause of tourism academics and research, with a special focus on India.
- Founding director of the Centre for Tourism Research & Development (CTRD) in India.
- And also founding editor of Asia oldest tourism journal ‘Tourism Recreation Research’.
- Specialist in Himalayan tourism wrote many books on tourism and many papers on tourism development and its impacts.
Note: The UNWTO Ulysses Prize is given to a distinguished scholar, whether in academia, government or private industry, for outstanding contributions to innovation and knowledge in tourism.