Pakistan successfully test-fires enhanced version of Babur cruise missile
Pakistan Army has successfully test fired an enhanced version of an indigenously-designed Babur cruise missile.
The missile incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can strike targets both at land and sea with high accuracy.
About Babur Missile
- The missile has been named after the first Moghal emperor. It is a low flying, terrain hugging cruise missile.
- It is part of Babur Weapon System version-2 which is an important force multiplier for Pakistan’s strategic defence.
- It is an enhanced version of earlier missile. It carries certain stealth features and is capable of carrying various types of warheads
- Range: It can hit targets located at 700 km with all kinds of warheads. Thus, it brings many Indian cities within its range.
- Features: It is equipped with state-of-the-art navigational technologies of Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and all time Digital Scene Matching & Area Co-relation (DSMAC).
- It enables the missile to engage various types of targets with pinpoint accuracy even in the absence of GPS navigation.