Pedro Cateriano Bellido appointed as Prime Minister of Peru
Pedro Cateriano Bellido was appointed as Prime Minister of Peru by the President Ollanta Humala.
He will replace Ana Jara, who had lost a confidence vote and was sacked by Peruvian Congress amid allegations of corruption.
About Pedro Cateriano Bellido
- Prior to this appointment, he was serving as Peru’s Defence Minister and was appointed in July 2012,
- Cateriano, by profession is a lawyer and is specialized in constitutional law.
- He was member of the Peruvian parliament from 1990 to 1992.
- Cateriano also had served as deputy justice minister from 2001 to 2002.
- He also teaches law at the University of Lima.