First Phase of ESICS Pilot Project of Telemedicine Services inaugurated
The first phase of ESIC (Employees State Insurance Corporation) Pilot Project of Telemedicine Services was launched for providing specialist medical services at a distance to insured workers.
It was launched by the Union Minister of State (MoS) for Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya in New Delhi.
- In the first phase, ESIC Model Hospital at Basaidarapur has been connected with three ESIS dispensaries at Katihar (Bihar), Unnao (Uttar Pradesh) and Rudarpur (Uttarakhand).
- ESIC has been launched as pilot project for telemedicine services at 11 ESI locations in coordination with C-DAC, Mohali.
- It was launched under the aegis of “Digital Inclusive and Smart Community (DISC)” which is a part of Digital India Programme of Union Government.
- Under it, three specialized ESIC Hospitals will be connected with eight ESI Dispensaries at remote locations of country where there are no specialized healthcare services available.
- In second and third phase rest of the two Hospitals and five Dispensaries will be connected for providing specialized health care services at the doorsteps of insured workers.