Playback Singer P. Susheela enters Guinness World Records
Renowned playback singer P. Susheela Mohan created a new world record for singing highest number of songs.
She has now been recognised by both the Guinness Book of World Records for singing most number of songs in Indian languages.
Guinness Book of World Records officially credited her for singing record 17,695 songs (solo, duet and chorus backed songs) in twelve Indian languages.
Asia Book of Records also has recognised her for singing close to 17, 330 songs. It bestowed certificate and a badge of honour to the singer for the most number of single studio recordings
About P. Susheela Mohan
- She is a Telugu singer and is hailed as Gaana Kokila, Gaana Saraswath and Kannada Kogile.
- She also has created a record of singing over 10,000 songs in Tamil and over 30,000 songs in other languages.
- She has sung exceptional 1,336 duets with S P Balasubrahmanyam which is also a record for the maximum number of duets by the same duo.
- Awards and Honours: In her singing career spanning six decades, she has won many awards and earned accolades. She has five National Awards to her credit.
- She was awarded Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian award in in 2008.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016