PM Narendra Modi constitutes 3 sub-groups of CMs within NITI Aayog
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has constituted three sub-groups of Chief Ministers within National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog.
It was announced by PM while he was chairing the first meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog in New Delhi.
- First sub-group- It will study the 66 centrally-sponsored schemes and recommend which schemes should continue, which should be transferred to states, and which to discontinue.
- Second sub-group- It will focus on skill development and creation of skilled manpower within states.
- Third sub-group- It will decide on the institutional mechanisms to be evolved for Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, so that cleanliness becomes a part of life in perpetuity.
Key highlights of first meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog
- In this meeting, Governor of Jammu and Kashmir and Lt Governors of Andaman and Nicobar and Delhi, and the Chief Ministers of the rest of the states participated.
- PM has asked all the states to create two task forces under the aegis of the NITI Aayog, one to focus on poverty alleviation, and the other to focus on future development of agriculture in the states.
- First meeting also focused on issues related to growth, investment, decentralisation and poverty alleviation.
- PM also stressed on the role of the states and emphasised how Jan Dhan Yojana and Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan had become successful with cooperation of the states.