PM Narendra Modi flags off first prototype electric bus for MPs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off first prototype pollution free electric bus for Members of Parliament.
The bus powered by battery has been manufactured in the lines with Union Government’s flagship Make in India campaign.
- The 15-seater eco-friendly bus is coloured in green and blue. It has Go Green message on it.
- It is powered by lithium battery developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and is very economical.
- The bus is a collaborative effort between the Union Transport Ministry and Pune-based technology company KPIT.
- It has been converted from diesel to electric and will be used to ferry Parliamentarians.
- The noiseless bus can save carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions up to 48,000 kg a year. That’s equal to planting 2400 plants annually and will also save diesel worth Rs. 10 lakh a year.