PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate PETROTECH 2016
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 12th edition of International Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition “Petrotech-2016” in New Delhi on 5 December 2016.
The 2016 theme is “Hydrocarbons to fuel the future – Choices and Challenges”. 6000 delegates from about 75 countries are expected to attend the mega event.
- PETROTECH is India’s flagship biennial international oil and gas conference and exhibition. It is Asia’s largest oil and gas event.
- This global event aims at bringing Energy Ministers, professionals, industry leaders, academicians and domain experts from the energy sector on a common platform.
- It is a biennial platform for national and international experts in the oil & gas industry to exchange views and share knowledge, expertise and experiences.
- It also showcases the strengths & potential of Indian Hydrocarbon industry to the world besides providing a vibrant platform for sharing of experience, exchange of ideas, knowledge and technological development across various segments of hydrocarbon industry.
- Petrotech 2016 will also include a BRICS Roundtable of Energy Ministers and a Roundtable discussion involving select CELAC (Community of Latin American and Caribbean States) countries of Latin America.
International Energy Forum International Gas Union (IEF-IGU)
- India will also host the International Energy Forum International Gas Union (IEF-IGU) Ministerial Forum on December 6, 2016. It is supported by GAIL (India) Limited and the Natural Gas Society of India.
- The main theme of the forum is “Gas for Growth: Improving economic prosperity and living standards”. The forum seeks to increase the dialogue between Governments, Organisations and Companies in the global gas industry.