PM Narendra Modi inaugurates top Police Officers’ Conference in Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has formally inaugurated the All-India conference of Directors General of Police (AICDGPs) at Dhordo in white Rann of Kutch region near Bhuj, Gujarat.
Three day conference was inaugurated in the presence of Union Minister for Home Rajnath Singh, Minister of State for Home Kiran Rijju and Haribhai Patel.
- The annual conference for second time organised out of New Delhi and has been organised by Intelligence Bureau (IB).
- Director General of Police (DGPs) of all the state and Head of other security agencies are participating in this conference.
- It will be also attended by IGs of state/UTs, heads of National Investigation Agency (NIA), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), IB, Narcotics department and various police training.
- DGs and IGs of paramilitary forces like Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force-CRPF and Central Industrial Security Force are also participating in the conference.
- Key issues to be discussed: Police Reforms, Radicalisation, Social Media’s effect on Law and Order, security, Disaster management, Women Safety and tourist police, Inter-state police coordination etc.