Poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas selected for 2015 Bihari Puraskar
Eminent poet Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas has been selected for the 2015 Bihari Puraskar for his anthology of Rajasthani poems ‘Katha Sun Aawe Hai Sabad’ published in 2010.
Dr Vyas through his poetry has highlighted the increasing tendencies of commercialization and degradation of human values.
About Dr Bhagwati Lal Vyas
- Dr Vyas was born on July 10, 1941 in Gilund village in Raj Samand district of Rajasthan.
- His literally works reflect the unpleasant changes in human relations, social disparity and loss of human values although positivity and his faith in human life.
- His best known works includes compendium of poems titled ‘Shatabdi Niruttar’ (1977), ‘Footpath Par Chiriya Nachti Hai’ (1984) and a collection of short stories ‘Suraj Leelti Ghatiyan’ stand out.
- He also has also authored several short stories and worked as an eminent translator.
- He had retired as Principal of RNT College of Teacher Education in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan.
- He is a recipient of Sahitya Akademi Award.
About Bihari Puraskar
- Instituted by the K K Birla Foundation in 1991.
- Given annually for an outstanding literary work in Hindi or Rajasthani published during last 10 years by a Rajasthani writer.
- The award carries a cash prize of one lakh rupees, a citation and a plaque.
- It is also open to those living in the state for the last seven years or more apart from original residents of Rajasthan.
- The recipient of award is selected by a six-member Committee. Its Chairman is appointed by the President of the Foundation, Shobhana Bhartia.