President inaugurates Intelligent Operations Centre in Rashtrapati Bhavan
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated an Intelligent Operations Centre (IOC) in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
He also launched a mobile application ‘Monitor’ for transformation of President’s Estate into a smart township. During the launching ceremony President announced that President’s Estate will work around the ‘4H’ theme of a humane, Hi-Tech, Heritage and Happy Township.
- Intelligent Operations Centre (IOC): It is a software solution to provide intelligent insights by collecting the rich data streaming in from several sources within the Estate. It is designed by IBM.
- It offers near real-time collaboration, integrated data visualization and deep analytics that will help agencies to prepare for problems, enhance efficiency of services and also coordinate and manage response efforts.
- Monitor App: It is a Residents collaboration tool of the Intelligent Operation Centre. It will help residents and domain (Energy, Horticulture, Waste, Water and Security) supervisors to collaborate in a smarter way for their observations.
- It will enable residents to report issues such as electricity failure, broken street lights, water wastage etc. and also help to check resolution status using their mobile devices.
- This app will also allow residents to report these issues on a real time basis using their mobile devices in the Estate.
- It will help the residents of the Estate become more socially responsible and collaborative.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017