President launches National Student Startup Policy
President Pranab Mukherjee launched the National Student Startup Policy (NSSP) to promote technology-driven student start-ups.
It was launched during the second Visitor’s Conference held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- The NSSP has been formulated by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- It aims to create 1 lakh technology based student start-ups and a million employment opportunities within the next 10 years.
- It also aims to propel Indian youth to contribute to the nation’s socio-economic progress through promotion of technology-driven student start-ups.
- NSSP seeks to develop an ideal entrepreneurial ecosystem by lending crucial soft skills like decision-making in the students.
- It also seeks to promote strong inter-institutional partnerships among technical institutions.
Second Visitor’s Conference: It is a conference of Vice Chancellors/Directors/Director Generals of Institutions of higher learning for which the President is a visitor. This is the second time President has convened such a conference which has brought together all heads of higher education institutions in one forum. Earlier, separate conferences were held for Vice Chancellors of Central Universities, Directors of IITs, IISERs, NITs and IISC.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017