President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates World Sustainable Development Summit
President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first edition of World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
The summit was organised by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with the theme Beyond 2015: People, Planet and Progress.
- WSDS has replaced TERI’s earlier called Delhi Sustainable Development Summit (DSDS). The first DSDS was organised in 2005.
- It underscored need for businesses and private sector to take lead in poverty reduction and to ensure rapid and sustained adoption of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- It had brought together Nobel laureates, decision-makers political leaders from around the world to deliberate on issues related to sustainable development.
- The aim of the summit is to provide various stakeholders a single platform in order to provide long-term solutions for the benefit of the global community.
- 2016 WSDS also hosted events like World CEO Sustainability Summit, Thematic Tracks, Media Colloquium, Youth Leaders and Greenovation Exhibition.
For more information: About TERI