President Pranab Mukherjee launches 100 Million for 100 Million Campaign
President Pranab Mukherjee launched a ‘100 Million for 100 Million’ Campaign at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The campaign was conceptualized by Nobel peace prize winner Kailash Satyarthi and was organized by the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation.
- The campaign aims to mobilise 100 million youth and children for 100 million underprivileged children across the world.
- Its prime objective is to end child labour, child slavery, violence against children over the next 5 years.
- It also seeks to promote the right of every child to be safe, free, and educated.
- It will strive to inspire 100 million children to speak and act for the numerous other unfortunate children living in terrible conditions to build a child-friendly world.
Laureates and Leaders for Children Summit
- The launch of the campaign also brought curtains to the two-day ‘Laureates and Leaders for Children Summit’ held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- This summit had brought together collective leadership of around 25 Nobel laureates and leaders on a single platform for creating a child-friendly world.
- It even had channelized world leaders, thinkers, representatives of UN, award winning youth/child leaders and eminent persons from academia, business, cinema, sports and civil society.
Categories: Government Schemes & Projects