President Pranab Mukherjee presents BC Roy National Awards for 2008, 2009 & 2010
President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday presented the Dr BC Roy national awards for 2008, 2009 and 2010 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
These awards were presented on the occasion of National Doctors’ Day observed on July 1 to pay honour and tribute to India’s most famous physician Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
The awardees are
- 2010: Nikhil C. Munshi, O.P. Kalra, Tejinder Singh, Subash Gupta, Amrinder Jit Kanwar, Rajendra Prasad and Glory Alexander.
- 2009:H. Sancheti, Renu Saxena, Atul Kumar, A.K. Kriplani, Kanan A. Yelikar, H.S. Bhanushali, G.V. Rao, Moti Lal Singh, C.N. Purandare and C.V. Hari Narayan.
- 2008: Rajeshwar Dayal, Mammen Chandy, Neelam Mohan, Rohit V. Bhatt, Mohan Kameswaran, Harsha Jauhari, Gopal H. Badlani and Yash Gulati.
About BC Roy Awards
- The BC Roy Awards were instituted by the Medical Council of India in 1976 in memory of renowned physician and former West Bengal Chief Minister Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy.
- They are bestowed annually in the following categories: Statesmanship of the Highest Order in India, Eminent Medical Person, Medical man-cum-Statesman, Eminent person in Philosophy, Eminent person in Arts and Eminent person in Science.