Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates Paradip Oil Refinery to nation
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated Indian Oil Corporation’s (IOC’s) new state of the art refinery at Paradip in Odisha to the nation.
It is overall IOC’s 11th refinery to be set up and has installed capacity of 15 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA).
Key features of the refinery
- Built at a cost of 34,555 crore rupees and has been designed to process broad basket of crude including dirty and cheaper high sulphur heavy crudes from Latin America.
- Capable to produce Bharat Stage IV (BS IV)/BS V quality transportation fuel to comply with Auto Fuel Policy.
- It has more than 20 process units that can processes the basic feedstock, crude oil to obtain various products including polymers like polypropylene, paraxylene and styrene.
- It is one of the most modern refineries in the world and is equipped with the latest technology. It has complexity factor of 12.2.
- Products: Major products are premium grade high speed diesel (HSD) and motor spirit (MS). The other products includes propylene (petrochemical grade), naphtha, LPG, aviation turbine fuel (ATF) and kerosene.
- Major by-products: Petroleum coke (petcoke) and sulphur.