Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s Healthcare Tourism Portal
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 April 2015 inaugurated India’s Healthcare Tourism Portal http://www.indiahealthcaretourism.com at the ‘SAAARC Trade Mart’ in the Global Exhibition on Services (GES).
It was inaugurated on the occasion of three-day Global Exhibition on Services (GES) that commenced on 23 April, 2015 in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Key facts about Healthcare Tourism Portal
- The portal is developed by the Union Government’s Department of Commerce and the Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC).
- It is a comprehensive one-point information site that covers hospital and travel-related information in India.
- Presently, it covers 124 accredited medical facilities. It includes 93 medical centers, 30 Ayurveda and Wellness centers and 1 special category center.
- Among these medical facilities 74 facilities are located in Tier I cites and the rest are in Tier II cities.
- These covered accredited medical facilities on portal are easily locatable. It is also easy to find by search options by location, medical specialty, key procedures, language options etc.
- Details such as costs related to treatment in hospitals, visa and travel formalities, tariff options on stay etc are also mentioned on the portal.
Categories: India Current Affairs [Gov. & Politics]