Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s Healthcare Tourism Portal
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 April 2015 inaugurated India’s Healthcare Tourism Portal www.indiahealthcaretourism.com at the ‘SAAARC Trade Mart’ in the Global Exhibition on Services (GES).
It was inaugurated on the occasion of three-day Global Exhibition on Services (GES) that commenced on 23 April, 2015 in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Key facts about Healthcare Tourism Portal
- The portal is developed by the Union Government’s Department of Commerce and the Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC).
- It is a comprehensive one-point information site that covers hospital and travel-related information in India.
- Presently, it covers 124 accredited medical facilities. It includes 93 medical centers, 30 Ayurveda and Wellness centers and 1 special category center.
- Among these medical facilities 74 facilities are located in Tier I cites and the rest are in Tier II cities.
- These covered accredited medical facilities on portal are easily locatable. It is also easy to find by search options by location, medical specialty, key procedures, language options etc.
- Details such as costs related to treatment in hospitals, visa and travel formalities, tariff options on stay etc are also mentioned on the portal.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2018