Punit Renjen appointed as CEO of Deloitte’s global operations
Punit Renjen was appointed as the Chief executive officer (CEO) of accounting giant Deloitte’s global operations.
He will succeed Barry Salzberg and assume his new role of Deloitte Global CEO from 1 June 2015. Currently he is serving as US business Chairman and CEO of the Deloitte group.
Deloitte is U.S. based accounting giant which is present across 150 countries including India and employs over two lakh people. It is one of the four largest audit firms in the world and competes with PwC, KPMG and EY.
With this appointment, Punit Renjen is the first Indian-origin person to head a Big-Four global audit firms.
He also has joined a growing list of persons of Indian origin who have made to the top posts at multi-billion dollar global corporations. This list includes Indira Nooyi of PepsiCo, Satya Nadela of Microsoft and Anshu Jain of Deutsche Bank.
About Punit Renjen
- Punit Renjen hails from Rohtak, Haryana.
- He grew up in India and holds a bachelor’s degree with honours and a master’s degree in management from Willamette University, U.S.
- Renjen has rich and wide experience of 27 years with Deloitte and has held a number of leadership positions, including chairman and CEO of Deloitte Consulting LLP.
- In addition, he also had served as a member of the board of directors of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (Deloitte Global).
- Renjen was also Chairman of the Deloitte Foundation board of directors.
- In 2007, he was named in Consulting magazine’s Top 25 Most Influential Consultants.
Categories: Economy & Banking Current Affairs