Railway Ministry launches Clean My Coach service
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched an online Clean My Coach service in line with Indian Railways cleanliness drive Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat and Union Government’s flagship Digital India Programme.
The online service allows travellers to get their compartments cleaned by sending an SMS or by a designated website or by using an application. The service was announced by the Railway Minister in his 2016-17 Rail Budget speech.
Key features of service
- For any cleaning requirement in the coach passenger will have to send an SMS on a mobile number 58888.
- Passenger also can use webpage ‘cleanmycoach.com’ or android app ‘Cleanmycoach Indian Railways’ for logging the request.
- After logging request, passed will be immediately acknowledged via SMS on mobile phone along with a code.
- The request will be also sent in form of SMS by the server to the mobile number of On Board House Keeping (OBHS) staff travelling on the same train.
- The SMS will be carrying the details of the passengers such as coach number, berth number.
- After receiving the message, OBHS staff will contact the passengers for carrying out the cleaning work as per demand.
- Once passenger is satisfied with the cleaning work, will disclose the code received during acknowledgement OBHS staff who will send it through SMS to close the complaint.
- If the passenger is not satisfied, he will not disclose the code and the complaint will be treated as not closed.
Categories: Governance & Politics