Raisina Dialogue 2016 kicks off at New Delhi
The first Raisina-Dialogue 2016, a flagship conference on Geopolitics and Geo-economics began in New Delhi.
The three day conference is joint initiative of Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Observer Research Foundation (ORF), an independent think tank based in India.
- The theme of Raisina-Dialogue 2016 is “Asia: Regional and Global Connectivity”.
- It will enable the MEA to reach out to a wider international multi-disciplinary audience.
- It will focus on Asia’s economic, physical, human and digital connectivity and shall attempt to discover challenges and opportunities for the region to manage its common spaces.
- It will be attended by speakers from 40 countries including Former Sri Lankan President Chandrika Kumaratunga, former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai and Bangladeshi foreign Minister Mahmood Ali.
- It will provide platform to explore prospects and opportunities for Asian integration as well as Asia’s Integration with the whole world.
Note: The name of conference comes from Raisina Hill which is the elevation in New Delhi where presidential palace of India, Rashtrapati Bhavan is located. The conference has been organized on the lines of the Shangri-La Dialogue held in Singapore,
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017