RBI to issue Rs 10 coins to mark International Yoga Day
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon issue 10 rupee denomination coins to commemorate International Yoga Day which is being observed every year on 21 June.
Features of the coin
- Coin’s obverse side: It will bear Lion Capital of Ashoka Pillar in the centre. The legend ‘Satyameva Jayate’ will be inscribed below.
- The left periphery will bear word ‘Bharat’ in Devnagri script which will be flanked. While, on the right periphery word ‘INDIA’ in English will be flanked.
- Denominational or numeric value ‘10’ and Rupee symbol in the international numerals will be engraved below the Lion Capital.
- Coin’s reverse side: It will bear the logo of ‘International Day of Yoga’ along with inscription ‘Samanjasya evam Shanti ke Liye Yog’ in Devnagri script.
- It will also bear ‘YOGA FOR HARMONY AND PEACE’ around the logo and design and the date ‘21 JUNE’ will be at the bottom of the logo.
- Left periphery will bear inscription ‘Antarrashtriya Yog Divas’ in Devnagri script and the right periphery will bear ‘INTERNATIONAL DAY OF YOGA’ in English.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking