RealVNC is the winner of MacRobert Award
RealVNC was awarded the Royal Academy of Engineering MacRobert Award for outstanding innovation, commercial success and contribution to society.
About MacRobert Award:
- The MacRobert Award is the UK’s longest running and most prestigious national prize for engineering innovation.
- RealVNC is the most widely ported software application which is remote access software.
- RealVNC’s technology allows a computer screen to be remotely accessed and controlled from another device.
- It is officially part of the internet including web and email protocols.
- RealVNC collaborates with leading players in the technology industry, including Intel to integrate VNC on chips for PCs and laptops; and Google, who license VNC technology and expertise to enable remote access functionality from its Chrome products.
- It is also recognized as the standard for integrating smartphones with in-vehicle infotainment systems.
Categories: Business, Economy & Banking
Tags: Current Affairs 2013